Last Updated on July 18, 2023
Amazon has just released their Best Books Of The Year picks in Literature & Fiction, Mystery, Thriller & Suspense, Romance, Cookbooks, Children’s books, and more book categories.
There are some wonderful books chosen with Tart’s The Goldfinch being selected as #1 overall (congratulations Donna!). The author is well known for her novel The Secret History, which I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. The Goldfinch has been written and published literally a decade after her previous novel.
As for the best books in the Mystery, Thriller and Suspense category, well, let’s just say that it was, indeed, a great year for books. There are 20 novels selected as best, with #1 being Sicamore Row by John Grisham, a book that was published in October.
Here are the 20 best books of 2013 selected by Amazon editors
2. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (published September 24)
3. Just One Evil Act by Elizabeth George (published October 15)
4. Never Go Back by Lee Child (published August 29)
5. The Cuckoo’s Calling by Galbraith, Robert (published April 18)
6. Joyland by Stephen King (published June 4)
7. How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny (published August 27)
8. Help for the Haunted by John Searles (published November 11)
9. The English Girl by Daniel Silva (published July 16)
10. Night Film by Marisha Pessi (published August 20)
11. The Double by George P. Pelecanos (published October 8)
12. Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs (published August 27)
13. A Delicate Truth by John Le Carre (published April 25)
14. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill (published April 20)
15. Brilliance by Markus Sakey (published July 16)
16. Visitation Street by Ivy Pochoda (published July 9)
17. The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes (published April 25)
18. The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver (published June 11)
19. The Panopticon by Jenni Fagan (published May 3)
20. If You Were Here by Alafair Burke (published June 4)
Congratulations to each and one of them!
If you don’t have much time to read many books, then why not read only the best?