D.W. Buffa (website) is an American author popular for his Joseph Antonelli and Bobby Hart series, as well as his several standalone novels.
Born in San Francisco, he was raised in the Bay Area and attended the Michigan State University, followed by the University of Chicago from where he graduated with an M.A. and a Ph. D. in political science.
Before becoming a novelist, D.W. Buffa was working as a criminal defense attorney, and his 10 years direct experience navigating the justice system enabled him to write books that reflect his knowledge and passion for the courtroom.
Over the years there has been a shift in the scope of the author’s novels. While the first books were courtroom dramas, the later books transitioned to a more political theme, while his latest books, Helen, has completely shifted directions, with it becoming a historical drama taking place in ancient Greece.
Joseph Antonelli is a defense attorney located in Portland, Oregon, as well as in San Francisco. There are currently 7 books in the series, with the first one, The Defense, being published in 1997. It was also incidentally the author’s debut novel, which many positive reviews by critics and literary magazines.
The Senator Bobbi Hart series has currently 3 books, with the latest one, Hillary, published in 2016.
Here are the D.W. Buffa books in order for his novels, starting with his Joseph Antonelli series.
Joseph Antonelli Series In Order
1. The Defense (Joseph Antonelli #1), 1997
2. The Prosecution (Joseph Antonelli #2), 1999
3. The Judgment (Joseph Antonelli #3), 2001
4. The Legacy (Joseph Antonelli #4), 2002
5. Star Witness (Joseph Antonelli #5), 2003
6. Breach of Trust (Joseph Antonelli #6), 2004
7. Trial By Fire (Joseph Antonelli #7), 2005
Senator Bobby Hart Series
1. Rubicon (Bobby Hart #1), 2008 (written under the pseudonym Lawrence Alexander)
2. The Grand Master (Bobby Hart #2), 2009
3. Hillary (Bobby Hart #3), 2016
Other Novels By D.W. Buffa
The Swindlers, 2011
The Dark Backward, 2012
The Last Man, 2013