Tom Young (website) is an American military thriller author whose books draw from and are influenced by his experience as a combat flight engineer having served in several war zone places including Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Latin America, the horn of Africa and Far East.
While flying to almost 40 countries he logged on close to 5000 hours as a flight engineer on the C-5 Galaxy and the C-130 Hercules. He retired as a senior master sergeant in 2013.
When not flying for the army, he also worked as a journalist, writer and editor, having spent 10 years with the broadcast division of the Associated Press. 1962 in Raleigh, North Carolina, he received B.A. and M.A. degrees in Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Currently Tom Young’s writing includes 7 thriller novels which are part of the Michael Parson & Sofia gold series, a standalone thriller, a non-fiction book and a narrative included in an anthology.
Here are all the Tom Young books in order of publication with the reading order listed in brackets.
Michael Parson & Sofia Gold Series
1. The Mullah’s Storm (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #1), 2010
2. Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #2), 2011
3. The Renegades (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #2), 2012
4. The Warriors (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #3), 2013
5. Sand and Fire (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #4), 2014
6. Phantom Fury (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #4.5), 2014
7. The Hunters (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #5), 2015
Other Books By Tom Young
Trash-Hauler’s Ball, 2003 (standalone thriller)
Night Flight to Baghdad – short story in the Operation Homecoming: Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Home Front in the Words of U.S. Troops and Their Families anthology, 2006
The Speed of Heat: An Airlift Wing at War in Iraq and Afghanistan, 2008 (non-fiction)