At a Glance
Stuart MacBride (website) is a Scottish author best known for his Logan McRae series set in Aberdeen.
New Stuart MacBride Book
Stuart MacBride Biography
Born in Dumbarton, Scotland in 1969, he was raised in Aberdeen from the age of two. Before he became a writer, he had a wide range of not-so-long-lasting jobs including graphic design and web design, computer programming, actor, undertaker and project manager.
Luckily (for us, readers) none of those jobs lasted too long because now we get to enjoy his much more interesting books about life and crime in Aberdeen.
In addition to the Logan McRae series, the author has also written two books in the Ash Henderson series set in a fictitious town of Oldcastle, two standalone novels, and several short stories.
Here are all the Stuart MacBride books in publication order, with the reading order listed in brackets.
Logan McRae Series In Order
- Cold Granite (Logan McRae #1), 2005
- Dying Light (Logan McRae #2), 2006
- Broken Skin (Logan McRae #3), 2007 (US version called Bloodshoot)
- Flesh House (Logan McRae #4), 2008
- Blind Eye (Logan McRae #5), 2009
- Dark Blood (Logan McRae #6), 2010
- Shatter the Bones (Logan McRae #7), 2011
- Partners in Crime (2 Logan McRae short stories), 2012
- Close to the Bone (Logan McRae #8), 2012
- The 45% Hangover (Logan McRae short story), 2014
- The Missing and the Dead (Logan McRae #9), 2014
- 22 Dead Little Bodies (Logan McRae short story), 2015
- In the Cold Dark Ground (Logan McRae #10), 2016
- The Blood Road (Logan McRae #11), 2018
Ash Henderson Series In Order
Other Books By Stuart MacBride
- Sawbones, 2008 (novella)
- Halfhead, 2009
- Twelve Days of Winter, 2009 (collection of short stories)
- Now We Are Dead, 2017