C.S Harris is the author of the Sebastian St. Cyr Regency mystery series featuring Sebastian, Viscount Devlin, an aristocrat who solves crimes in Recency London.
Candice Proctor, aka C.S. Harris, aka C.S. Graham is the author of over 20 novels, including the popular Sebastian St. Cyr Regency mystery series, which she writes under the name C.S. Harris and the Jax Alexander thriller series, which she writes under the pseudonym C.S. Graham. The latter series is co-authored with her husband.
Candice grew up surrounded by the army, with her father being a career Air Force Officer. During her younger years, she traveled and lived in several countries, including Spain, Greece, England, France, Jordan, and Australia.
She graduated Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude with a degree in Classics, after which she received her MA and Ph.D. in history.
Before becoming a full-time author, Candice was an academic, teaching at the University of Idaho and Midwestern State University in Texas, as well as working as an archaeologist on several dig sites around the world.
Her later career included her being a partner in an international business consulting firm.
Currently, the author lives in New Orleans, Louisiana with Steve Harris, her husband who is a retired US Army officer (with whom she wrote the Jax Alexander series), two daughters and several cats.
The author has a knack of bringing that particular era to life in her descriptions in each book. Especially the seedier, darker and more dangerous parts of the city where crime is perpetually at home, is extremely well depicted in that you feel as if you’ve actually there, looking at the area with your own eyes.
The latest book in the series, Where the Dead Lie, has been just published in April 2017, but if you are new to the series, I urge you to start with the first book, What Angels Fear. To really get the time period, Sebastian, his relationship with Hero and his friends, you can only really appreciate it if you start from the beginning of the series.
Having said that, here are the C.S. Harris books in order for her wonderful historical mystery series, which I adore, as well as the Jax Alexander thriller series she co-authored with her husband under the pen name C.S. Graham.
Sebastian St. Cyr Series
Written as C.S. Harris
1. What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr #1), 2005
2. What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr #2), 2006
3. Why Mermaids Sing (Sebastian St. Cyr #3), 2007
4. Where Serpents Sleep (Sebastian St. Cyr #4), 2008
5. WWhat Remains of Heaven (Sebastian St. Cyr #5), 2009
6. Where Shadows Dance (Sebastian St. Cyr #6), 2011
7. When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr #7), 2012
8. What Darkness Brings (Sebastian St. Cyr #8), 2013
9. Why Kings Confess (Sebastian St. Cyr #9), 2014
10. Who Buries the Dead (Sebastian St. Cyr #10), 2015
11. When Falcons Fall (Sebastian St. Cyr #11), 2016
12. Where the Dead Lie (Sebastian St. Cyr #12), 2017
Jax Alexander Series
Written as C.S. Graham
1. The Archangel Project (Jax Alexander #1), 2008
2. The Solomon Effect (Jax Alexander #2), 2009
3. The Babylonian Codex (Jax Alexander #3), 2010